Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Chocolate Bar

Almost right after we got Barbie, we knew we needed to get another horse; the several pasture pals that we tried just weren't working out. We went back to J and K Farms and re-fell in love with Chocolate. Mom wanted to get Chocolate from the start, but I new that I couldn't afford her. Grandma Pat stepped in and said that she would pay for her if I could afford to keep another horse. By taking several more students, I figured that I could.
We really love Chocolate and her and Barbie get along perfectly without any problem. Chocolate was overweight, but is much better now after dieting and exercise.
When we got her, she hated lunging and tried very hard to get out of trotting. Now that she has lost weight, I think she actually likes it. She always comes right up and stands still while you put the halter on. She used to toss her head, but doesn't mind at all now. She also is way easier to handle when lunging, and doesn't refuse when you ask her to go faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment