Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Hailey's Dress

For Hailey's birthday, I wanted to make her a dress for her doll. After finding some inspiration from a doll dress store on Ebay, I decided I wanted to make a party dress out of some sort of leftover silk. I used the navy silk that I used to my Regency ball dress and planned out how I wanted to do it. I reallly wanted to make it close fitting, but none of the patterns that we have are very good at making sure they fit just right. So with this dress, I tried it on the doll lots of times and pinned it together on her.
I got it to fit pretty well by making darts in the front, but it really makes the doll has a big bust. Definitely won't do it that way again....
By the time I was almost finished, I realized that I pulled in the front too much and didn't have room for velcro in the back; the back edges just touched. So I made a lace up back and hand-sewed all the eyelets. I also made a cute flower with the hot glue gun.


No comments:

Post a Comment