Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Makenna's Birthday Present

Our friend, Makenna, absolutely loves playing dress up and stuff like that. The colonial dress I made for Camille is her favorite, and she hates taking it off when it's time for her to go!
So we looked into how much it would cost to make a costume; it only takes about 4 1/2 yards for a dress. We decided that it would be worth the money for a present like this!
The dress went very smoothly, and it fits her great! It may be a bit large, (Note, it doesn't really fit Lucille, and shown in the pictures below; I had to stretch it a little to get in on, but not stretch it too much for permanent damage), but nothing unfixable.
One thing I want to take note of is that I did not do the yoke lining as in the instructions. I had a terrible time with it and just ripped it off and hemmed the neck edge. It turned out fine, and in my opinion, it's better, because the lining always folds up on the right side, where it is visible and quite ugly.



No comments:

Post a Comment